28 October, 2022

Episode 64 - Everything Was Beautiful and Nothing Hurt




Dark indie folk, to some gothic alternative rock, and ending with a bit of gospel.  I like this dark vibe for October, even though I made this mix sometime early 2017.  Love the Unto Ashes track, from the fan tribute to Coil "Loved Stolen and Deconstructed."  I almost contributed a track when they solicited from the email distro, but was not confident in my music skills at the time.  I had to throw in a track from locals Orbit Service, with a nod that Randall is now a touring member of Legendary Pink Dots.  

00:00 Pascal Comelade/Pierre Bastien/Jac Berrocal/Jaki Liebezeit - Rock'n'Roll Station
05:00 Angels of Light - Sunset Park
10:48 Unto Ashes - Ostia The Death of Passolini (Coil)
16:35 Nina Simone - I Put a Spell On You
19:06 mewithoutYou - Everything Was Beautiful and Nothing Hurt
23:51 The Cranes - Eg Shining
27:30 Larsen - Mentre
30:04 Marissa Nadler - Wedding
33:44 Orbit Service - Dark Orange Sunset
40:26 This Immortal Coil - Tattoed Man (3EF remix)(Coil)
45:45 Piano Magic - I am the Sub-Librarian
50:05 Julee Cruise - Falling
55:06 The Staple Singers - This May Be The Last Time
57:10 Washington Phillips - Mother's Last Word to Her Son

photo credit: Kurt Vonnegut "Slaughterhouse Five" illustration

No comments:

Post a Comment