17 October, 2022

Episode 50 - Not Your Average Electro Pop Mix





Another eclectic mix of poppy tunes that don't fit a specific category.  I included my favorite adaptation of Four Tet's early work, a rare appearance of Luke Vibert in my collection, a solid New Order cover, a Dean Martin remix that I can't find any information on (this was from a mix tape a friend gave me over 20 years ago).  My love for plunderphonics is also on display here, with a superb nod to A Tribe Called Quest and later with the always entertaining People like us.  The DJ Wally contribution to a Jesus Franco tribute is both exactly what you'd expect from him, and also exactly what would fit into the movie it samples.  I also relish any opportunity to include Julee Cruise's work.   Lastly, I can assure this is the only time I'll include any reference to Death Cab For Cutie in my mixes as I am not a fan of their work, aside from this remix, which sounds nothing like them.

00:00 Siouxsie and The Banshees - Face to Face (7" mix)
04:08 Four Tet - Hilarious Movie of the 90s (Koushiks Funny Flick)
06:35 Laika - Breather (Remix by Luke Vibert)
12:12 Fujiya & Miyagi - Your Silent Face (New Order)
18:36 Dean Martin & Julie London - Sway (remix)
23:19 Horse Opera - House of The Jazz
27:42 DJ Wally - Necromix
34:19 Stange Attractor - Rorschach (Twilight Circus remix)
38:49 Third Eye Foundation - Annex1 (Micro  Mega) _ Explatino (Headphone)
44:36 Pluramon - Time (Catharsia Mx - featuring Julee Cruise)
49:17 People Like Us - Scott Slim
52:08 Bowery Electric - Empty Words
55:35 Silver Apples - Lovefingers
59:33 The Faint - Worked Up So Sexual (Death Cab For Cutie remix)

image credits: found image 

No comments:

Post a Comment