13 October, 2022

Episode 44 - Being Forthcoming





The act of being forthcoming.  A mix of songs I planned to make into other mixes more specific to their genre, but ended up pulling together like this.  These are mostly reflective of times in the last several years (I made this in 2016) and was looking ahead in my life as to what would come next.  I remember first hearing Mojave Three on the Shaving the Pavement tour with Scheer and Lush, having no clue it was the guy from Slowdive.  Noir Desir is a great French band I wouldn't have come across without the CDr swapping with a former Coil email list member that I befriended - this is nowhere close to what I imagined a Coil fan would be into, but it hit home with me and my minor understanding of the French language.  I came across the Abner Jay track via a spotify playlist from Marissa Nadler.  That Icelandic operatic cover of Bjork is breathtaking - trust me its worth seeking out the rest of the album this is from.  I'm elated to hear Sunny Day Real Estate is reunited for tours this year, I may just have to drag my old shoegaze/emo self out for that one.  Of course, ending this with some more oddities, such as Fall of Saigon which is a fantastic one off project from Pascal Comelade, and of course a Nancy Sinatra cover by Coil.  That is always a classic.

00:00 Billy Bragg - A New England
02:07 Calexico - Crystal Frontier (Widescreen Version)
05:59 Mojave Three - Breaking the Ice
09:55 Noir Desir - Le Vent Nous Portera
14:37 Dinosaur Jr - Quicksand (Wagon Reprise)
18:57 Abner Jay - I'm So Depressed
22:15 Grayson & Whitter - Little Maggie with A Dram Glass in Her Hand
25:38 Jose Gonzales - Teardrop (Live) (Massive Attack)
28:38 Nina Simone - Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood (The Animals)
31:16 Ásgerður Júníusdóttir - All Is Full Of Love (Bjork)
33:48 David Bowie - It's Hard to be a Saint in the City (Springsteen)
37:26 Sunny Day Real Estate - Red Elephant
40:38 We Miss The Earth - Out Alive
42:45 Fall of Saigon - She leaves me all alone
46:48 Strange Attractor - Rorschach (heritage part 1 01)
51:31 Coil - Bang Bang (Nancy Sinatra)

photo credit: sunset over the ocean google image find

No comments:

Post a Comment