13 October, 2022

Episode 45 - The Definitive Third





Mix title pulled from Fellini's biography.  Bookended by the Dust Brothers (when they were still called that), and then filled with some fun, groovy, wonky electronic tracks.  That is one of my favorite Bjork remixes, its straightforward and not nearly as weird as most of her music gets.  This is the first Electrelane song I ever heard and fell in love with their style.  A recent announcement of a new This Immortal Coil album has be all abuzz again.  I think listeners will soon figure out that I try to work nearly every track from the Brain in the Wire compilation series into my mixes.  That and my fixation on the early era of Autechre tracks.  Hope everyone enjoys this one.

00:00 The Dust Brothers - If You Kling to Me I'll Klong to You
05:18 Pulseprogramming - Oh Halo (1984 Penny for your loafer mix)
08:34 Boards of Canada - Smokes Quantity
11:40 Bjork - Isobel (Motorbass remix)
17:22 Electrelane - I want to be the President
22:05 This Immortal Coil - Chaostrophy (Deadverse Remix)
28:18 Cex - Ad Nauseum
32:46 Jah Wobble - Car Ad Music 6
37:14 Core - Haunted Dub
44:26 Xploding Plastix - Sports, Not Heavy Crime
49:06 Mira Calix - Khala
56:34 Autechre - Carni
63:52 The Dust Brothers - One Too Many Morning

photo credit: Google image find, Dalek Space Invaders

No comments:

Post a Comment