26 October, 2022

Episode 61 - Oddities




I love odd, unclassifiable music.  Experimental, avant garde, anything that stretches the imagination.  Sure, I scoured the infamous NWW list and found many a wonderful and challenging surprise.  The wonderful Finder's Keepers record label is currently doing a great overview of that based on country of origin.   This mix has something for everyone, and its all a bit odd.  There's a couple tracks I found on an old hard drive and I know they were not tagged correctly, so I have no idea what they actually are.

00:00 Piano Magic - I Came to Your Party
04:03 Mushrooms Patience - Blues Infected the World
07:44 Jac Berrocal - Automme Perdu
09:11 Nurse With Wound - Cooloorta Moon
14:56 Raz Mesinai - Possession (Second Stage)
15:30 Pascal Comelade/Pierre Bastien/Jac Berrocal/Jaki Liebezeit - To The Last of Imaginery Solutions
18:26 Ghedalia Tazartes - Quasimdo Tango
21:12 Akineton Retard - Pista 06
23:52 Glaxo Babies - Seven Days
28:01 Buckethead - Ghosts Upstairs
30:25 Alien Sex Fiend - Mad Daddy Drives A U.F.O. (The Cramps)
34:36 unknown - unknown surf rock from China (Non-Stop Dance)
39:23 Nurse With Wound - Alien (art side)
40:29 The Wardrobe - Lucifer Before Sunrise (inferno mix) (Nurse With Wound/Tony Wakeford)
45:57 Stockhausen - Bjzrk (?)
46:12 John Zorn - Necronomicon: Thought Forms
49:05 Vampires of Dartmoor - Ghosts of Good and Bad Onions
53:22 Project 197 - Raiding the Film Archives
55:18 Clara Rockmore - Valse Sentimental (Tchaikovsky)

photo credit: old find on Google search

As a bonus, here is a fantastic one page comic for the lyrics of the Piano Magic song - I came to your party dressed as a shadow.  I wish I had saved the artist's name or the site I originally found this on, as I am quite impressed by this interpretation.



No comments:

Post a Comment