14 October, 2022

Episode 47 - Shoulda been a PK





Named after the universal comment from the sidelines from my daughter's soccer game last weekend.  Another solid mix of dub and reggae.  Starting off with Sonic Boom (no not THAT one), a fun Eurythmics cover, some classics, and I never miss a chance to incorporate my favorite artist, Twilight Circus Dub Sound System.  A nice addition from Sinead O'Connor (more from her dub album later), then some more classics.  I had to include something from Scientist vs World Cup to go with the name of this post.  Then a great mash-up thrown in for good measure.  Who knew the King could work over a reggae backing so well?  I ended it moving away from dub, and focused more on some favorite oldies.   

00:00 Sonic Boom - The Dub & The Restless
04:29 Sly and Robbie Featuring Bill Laswell - Here Comes the Rain Again (Eurythmics)
08:25 Unknown - No No No (unknown dub remix)
13:11 Scientist - Your Teeth in My Neck
17:45 Twilight Circus - Filter 13 (Wailers Tribute mix)
21:36 Jah Wobble - New Mexico Dub
24:31 Skip 'Little Axe' McDonald featuring Sinead O'Connor - My Love I Bring
28:12 Jah Wobble & The Nippon Dub Ensemble - K Dub 05
30:54 Prince Far I - Heavyweight Version
34:18 Scientist - Extra Time Part 1
36:58 Lee Perry & The Upsetters - Soul Fire
40:45 Elvis Presley & The Wailers - Crying in the Chapel
43:55 Bob Marley & The Wailers - It Hurts To Be Alone
46:22 The Cables - Baby I Love You
49:09 Lee Perry & The Upsetters - Curly Locks
53:10 Delroy Wilson - A Bright and Sunny Day
56:22 The Upsetters - Bird in Hand
59:39 Clive Hylton - From Creation
62:07 Soul Syndicate - Dub in Heaven

photo credit: google image search for mixing board


No comments:

Post a Comment