07 October, 2022

Episode 35 - Sequela of my Youth




A selection of very personal songs that had significant impact on my life.  The Spiritualized cover is pretty spot on for my college years.  The Vic Chesnutt cover hit home during the months leading up to my mother's death.  The early years of My Morning Jacket resonated with me and I was fortunate enough to see them live on the Tennessee Fire tour.  I adore this Elizabeth Cotten track, which I came across via His Name Is Alive.  

00:00  Rosalie Sorrels – I’ll give you my story
01:03  Iron & Wine and Ben Bridwell – The Straight and Narrow (Spiritualized)
06:13  Emma Ruth Rundle – Run Forever
09:57  Low – Sunflower
14:21  Tara Jane O’Neil – Don’t Slip
17:51  Lotte Kestner – Flirted With You All My Life (Vic Chesnutt)
21:58  Antony & The Johnsons – I was young when I left home (Dylan)
27:27  Jessica Pratt – Night Faces
31:30  Broadcast – Tears in the typing pool
33:37  Eels – The look you give that guy
37:41  My Morning Jacket – By my car
41:39  Chelsea Wolfe – Crazy love
45:05  Angel Olsen – Enemy
50:38  Grouper – Living Room
52:57  Elizabeth Cotten – Oh babe it ain’t no lie
57:35  Hank Williams – Lost highway
60:33  Blind Willie Johnson – Dark was the night, cold was the ground
63:52  Odetta – Pretty horses


Photo credit: Hiking the Lost Creek Wilderness

No comments:

Post a Comment