22 October, 2022

Episode 57 - I Blame Wax Trax




Yeah, finding Wax Trax record label and vinyl store in Denver in the early 90's exposed my fledgling mind to so much music.  I couldn't get enough and purchased nearly everything based on short reviews in their catalogs.  I was revitalized finding all the Ministry side projects, as I'd lost interest in Ministry shortly after The Mind is a Terrible Thing to Taste. Then came the Black Box VHS tapes, which kept my interest moving along steadily with so many artists to investigate.  Discovering Perennial Divide in the early days of Brainwashed.com (back when it really was just a Meat Beat Manifesto fan site) was so exciting.  I recall walking into Independent Records and hearing "Christian Zombie Vampires" on the stereo, and my Mom saw how interested I was, so she snuck away and bought the store copy of MLTKK Confessions of a Knife for me as an early holiday present.  Around highschool, I fell deep into the Pigface supergroup fandom, and even saw them perform on Thanksgiving day, when Chris Connelly got upset at the crowd and walked off stage vowing to not play another show in Denver again.  I glossed over Download, however they will always hold the spot of my second favorite Skinny Puppy side-project, behind the Tear Garden (both of these will feature in depth mixes in the future - I made this mix in 2016, and did their retrospective overviews around 2020ish, and I'm still catching up on all this).

00:00 Lead Into Gold - Faster Than Light
05:27 Pailhead - Don't Stand in Line (remix)
10:25 Ministry - So What
18:18 Revolting Cocks - No Devotion (12" Version)
28:37 Ajax - Mind the Gap
34:46 Perennial Divide - New Foundation on Mankind
40:16 Ministry - Tonight We Murder
46:06 My Life with the Thrill Kill Kult - Burning Dirt
51:05 Pop Will Eat Itself - Ich Bin Ein Auslander (Fun-Da-Mental remix)
56:18 Download - Sidewinder Snake
59:55 Pigface - Suck

photo credit: industrial stock photo found online

No comments:

Post a Comment