27 April, 2024

432 The Remix According to Spiritualized



Jason Pierce's project following Spacemen 3.    They started with a hypnotizing blend of drones and psychedelic rock, then moving more towards psychedelic stadium rock (they were a 9 piece band at one point), and now with some solid psychedelic indie rock sounds.  All shrouded under the hazy drug fueled wild mind of Jason.    I recall seeing them live around 2004 I think, and Jason was not in good shape; two roadies carried him on stage where they had a chair set up.  he played the whole show slumped in that chair looking half alive.  Despite that, the music was incredible and he was belting it out and put on a great show.  

They've only released four remixes of other artists, so I took those and supplemented then with three remixes of Spiritualized to fill this out.  Some long tracks here, sit back and enjoy the ride.  

00:00  Global Communication - Maiden Voyage (Spiritualized Electric Mainline Mix)
06:25  Spiritualized - I Think I'm In Love (Chemical Brothers Vocal remix)
13:55  Cut Copy - Free Your Mind (Spiritualized Version)
19:13  Spiritualized - Come Together (Two Lone Swordsmen Mix)
34:15  Goldfrapp - Monster Love (Goldfrapp vs Spiritualized)
39:38  Spiritualized - Come Together (Richard Fearless Mix)
46:39  LFO - Tied Up (Spiritualized Electric Mainline Remix)


photo credit: vice promo image

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mooz, I think I've mentioned here before (or on my blog) that I'm also a big fan of remixes. I've found over the years more bad than good, but finding gems are definitely worth the search/experience. The Two Lone Swordsmen mix of "Come Together" is the spotlight here. Sometimes, droning past the 10 minute mark can wear out patience but not in this case.

    The original Goldfrapp's "Monster Love" is a beautiful tune, and the remix worked.

    Good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right. That TLS remix is the real focal piece here, doesn't drag and is mesmerizing start to finish. I really like the last track from LFO, it reminds me of the first time I saw Spiritualized live, they opened for Siouxsie and the Banshees, and ended their set with about 20 minutes of organ drones. Kind of baffled the audience, but I couldn't get my eyes and ears of it.

      Delete