23 April, 2024

417 The Remix According To A Guy Called Gerald



A Guy Called Gerald, aka Gerald Simpson, is a name that was vaguely familiar to me when I started this project.  His remix work for The Stone Roses, Can and DJ Spooky were the only tracks I knew him from.  As I thought about it more, I acknowledged that these three mixes were very good, and I should probably put more effort into his wider discography.  I've still not dove into his albums or original work, and am open to suggestions from other fans.  For his remix work, I did have several other of these tracks in my collection.  Diverse and solid work across the board here.  Ambient to drum and bass to dub to straight-forward electronica.  Loved this image, as it reminds me of vintage photos of Lee Perry, King Tubby and Scientist.

00:00  DJ Spooky vs The Freight Elevator Quartet - File Under Futurism (Ambient Mix)
05:35  The Orb - Oxbow Lakes (Everglades Mix)
11:33  Can - Tango Whiskeyman (A Guy Called Gerald Mix)
16:42  David Bowie - Telling Lies (Paradix Mix)
21:46  Lamb - Cotton Wool (A Guy Called Gerald Mix)
27:07  Tricky - Piano (The Green Stinky Mix)
32:15  Suns of Arqa - Govindas House In The City of Nine Gates (Kirk's Garage Mix)
36:56  Clint Mansell & Kronos Quartet - Body & Fear (A Guy Called Gerald Mix))
42:43  Cabaret Voltaire - Hypnotised (A Guy Called Gerald Music Mix)
48:43  The Stone Roses - Fools Gold (A Guy Called Gerald Top Won Mix)
55:54  Roku - Wang (A Guy Called Gerald Mix)
60:19  Mia Grobelny - Arcane (A Guy Called Gerald Mix)
65:54  Cath Coffey - Tell Me (A Guy Called Gerald Classified Mix)
70:21  Sharon Forrester - Love Inside (A Guy Called Gerald Mix)
75:42  Black Uhuru - Reggae Rock (feat A Guy Called Gerald)
80:21  Taro Hakase - Brazil Aquarela Do Brazil (Love With Fragrance Mix)
85:55  DJ Spooky vs The Freight Elevator Quartet - File Under Futurism (Jungle Mix)
 

photo credit: found image

No comments:

Post a Comment