06 April, 2024

397 The Remix According To Higher Intelligence Agency



Higher Intelligence Agency were one of the first IDM groups that really stood out to me, aside from Autechre.  Mesmerized by Colourform, I was then completely blown away by Reform, the accompanying remix EP.  I had also picked up their collaborations with Deep Space Network, Pete Namlook and Biosphere, though never gave much thought to their remix side.  That was until I picked up "From The Edge" by Muslimgauze and couldn't believe it was the same group.  Many of the rest of these remixes I've included I had in my collection for years and never really paid attention to them.  My ears are wide open now and glad I've given them all the attention they deserve.

00:00  Love and Rockets - Body and Soul (HIA - Dark Side of the 12th Moon)
06:17  Pressure of Speech - Mothmath (Higher Intelligence Agency remix)
12:15  Muslimgauze - From The Edge (HIA Mix)
16:32  Banco De Gaia - Soufie (HIA Remix)
22:30  Pop Will Eat Itself - Familus Horriblus (HIA WYG Vocal Mix)
27:29  Spacetime Continuum - Funkyar (HIA Mix)
33:11  A Positive Life - The Calling (Occupants of Interplanetary Craft mix)
38:50  Biosphere - Novelty Waves (HIA remix)
45:07  Temple Rat - The Garden of Earthly Delights (HIA mix)
50:43  Freeform - Kattic (HIA remix)
57:36  Obconic - Escalift (HIA remix)
63:12  Soft Ballet - L-Mess (HIA remix)


photo credit: discogs

No comments:

Post a Comment