08 April, 2024

399 The Remix According To Global Communications




I really only knew of Global Communications from their Blood Music remix of Chapterhouse's second album.  Its fantastic and well worth seeking out.  Later on in life, I did some research and found they're they same guys as Reload, Jedi Knights, and Chameleon.  Reload are also fantastic, and I probably should have included them in this mix as the remixes of Aphex Twin, Slowdive, Schaft and Nav Katze are all incredible.  The Link track is from Artificial Intelligence II on Warp Records, and I suppose it is an uncredited remix as you have to dig to get the details on it.  Here's another Soft Ballet remix, they'll show up on A LOT of my remix comps as all the artists I liked seem to have crossed paths with them.  Lamb is again a welcomed inclusion as their remixes are always top notch; great source material.  The Beloved kind of stands out as its a rare exploration of drum and bass for Global Comms.  Don't know much about Stereo People or Warp 69, but both are strong tracks.  Palm Skin Productions I picked up because of the Autechre remix, and this Global Comm remix is a nice unexpected treat.  Nav Katze, yes they appear on this under Global Comm and Reload monikers, which is not far off from Seefeel and their alter egos on the same comps.  Jon Anderson was one I had tucked away in my library and didn't know I had until I compiled this mix.  Its alwyas fun finding what is collecting dust in those back corners.

Next mix starts with the Chapterhouse remix album, picked my favorite part and its kind of long.  The Grid are another IDM band that I always enjoyed and should pay more attention to.  Sensorama I pulled from the 76:14 CD from Global Comm.  Next is PJ Harvey and John Parish, which works really well with the Global Comm sound enhancing this track.  Mystic Institute was a mystery to me; then another from that same Jon Anderson album.  Here we have Reload, so its Global Comm self-remixing their alter ego.  And ending with the wild jazz world of Azymuth, which is pretty mellow on this remix. 

00:00  Link - Arcadian
09:15  Soft Ballet - Ride (Global Communications Dub mix)
16:03  Lamb - Gorecki (Global Communication mix)
25:36  The Beloved - The Sun Rising (Tom's Drum and Bass mix)
34:24  Stereo People - Stereo (Global Communications Mix)
42:21  Warp 69 - Natural High
51:07  Palm Skin Productions - Evolution of the Beast (Part II)
56:25  Nav Katze - Wild Horses
71:11  Jon Anderson - Bless This (Global Communication Remix)


00:00  Chapterhouse - Alpha Phase
16:19  The Grid - Rollercoaster
24:13  Sensorama - Asprin (Global Communication Remix)
36:15  John Parish & PJ Harvey - Civil War Correspondent
42:15  Mystic Institute - Ob-Selon Mi-Nos (Re Painted)
57:04  Jon Anderson - Amor Real (Global Communication Remix)
65:32  Reload - The Biosphere (Global Communication Remix)
74:13  Azymuth - Jazz Carnival (Space Jazz Mix)


photo credit: discogs

No comments:

Post a Comment