22 April, 2024

416 The Remix According To Pan Sonic



Pan Sonic, formerly Panasonic, are purveyors of glitchy, noisy, droning electronica in its finest forms.  Can be difficult listening at times, therein lies the reward.  I was amazed when I picked up A/B back in the early 2000's at Amoeba records.  Then Vakio came via mail order.  It was Kesto that really solidified my long running appreciation of their work.  A shorter mix this time, but no less powerful.  I think the only thing I am missing are their remixes of Ryuichi Sakamoto and Jean-Louis Murat.  

00:00  Recoil - Shunt (Pan Sonic Mix)
05:06  Muslimgauze - Druse (Panasonic mix)
11:44  Einsturzende Neubauten - NNNAAAMMM (Panasonic Remix)
20:10  Jarboe - Panasonic in Red Dirt
26:40  Foetus - Kreibabe (Pan Sonic)
30:56  Merzbow - Elephants Memory Remix


photo credit: discogs

No comments:

Post a Comment