31 March, 2024

Ambitious April...

I love a good remix.  The ones that are more a reconstruction, or ooze with the remixer's personal touch and sound.  My plan here is to continue the approach from Future Vintage on their series "The Remix According To..."  which was on their blog (making a comeback after a decade hiatus) and continued on their YouTube channel.  

What I've done is select some of my favorite remixers, and pulled what I consider as their best tracks together.  Some made two or three full mixes since I had so much material to work with.  I plan to upload one of these each day for most of the next month, so check back frequently.  36 mixes covering 23 remix artists 47 mixes covering 32 remix artists.  This is a rather ambitious project that I've spent a lot of time on.  Hope everyone enjoys the end results.  Love to hear thoughts and comments on what was selected or omitted.  There will be both familiar and hopefully new names to introduce through this series.  I stayed away from artists that already had remix compilations available, or if they did I focused on tracks not included there.  

These four artists I had planned but did not complete.  The Orb, way too massive a discography and a lot are covered through Auntie Aubrey comps. Justin K Broadrick, again just too many great ones to sort through a pick favorites.  Jim O'Rourke, sadly most of what I have is in low bit rate and not worth sharing.  Sonic Boom, I don't have enough releases to make it worthwhile.

Then there are these, which I've already shared on my blog.
Seefeel Though I should probably do another and focus on each member's solo works (Disjecta/Locust/Van Hoen/Clifford)
Meat Beat Manifesto (they will make another appearance)
Muslimgauze (I have something fun planned for them in this series)


No comments:

Post a Comment