21 March, 2024

386 Three Questions: Comfort During Hard Times



The second question, a good subject here.  Not going into as many details/history but these songs all got frequent airplay when I was going through difficult times, both as a youth and an adult.  These are easily the most relatable songs in my collection.

Well maybe I will over-share anonymously here as opposed to directly at work.  "Cool Waves" and "Floating in Space" were from when I was diagnosed with stage 3 cancer and literally had days to get surgery before I would've been terminal.  "Avalanche" is from when I lost my mother to cancer, I still can't make it all the way through this song.  "Take Your Burden to the Lord" was when I was dropped from chemotherapy because I was no longer a candidate and had to manage my recovery on my own, which I did through Ayurveda, diet and a positive mindset.  "Flow my Tears" is my go to song anytime I am feeling down. "Lucifer Landed" is for anytime I question myself or my intentions.  "Holy" reminded me of an ex, that dumped me because I wasn't Christian enough for her.  "The Skeleton Collection" is a little too on point for me.  And "It's a Crime" is a good reminder of seizing the moment to say what's on your mind before its too late.


00:00  Spiritualized - Ladies and Gentlemen We Are Floating in Space
03:39  Spiritualized - Cool Waves
08:32  Leonard Cohen - Avalanche
13:29  Washington Phillips - Take Your Burden To The Lord
16:37  Andreas Scholl - Flow My Tears (Dowland)
20:33  Legendary Pink Dots - Lucifer Landed
24:28  Dinosaur Jr - Boy With The Thorn In His Side
26:20  Frightened Rabbit - Holy
29:50  800beloved - The Skeleton Collection
34:00  The Black Heart Procession - Its a Crime I Never Told You About The Diamonds In Your Eyes



photo credit: Mooz in 2006

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely, Thanks for reaching out. I've updated my list to include your site.

      Delete