17 March, 2024

384 Sports, Not Heavy Crime




This is another downtempo electronic mix of stuff I'd been listening to at the time.  I'd been wanting to include this Elvis Costello remix for a while, not easy since its long.  It is kind of the focal piece here, bringing it all together before cooling off towards the end.  The first track I got from a record label sampler with the Wire.  Akusmi and Young Marco are leftover tracks from my unexpected Gamelan mixes.  Death and Vanilla as familiar from my Hauntology mixes, and this "dub" remix album is quite interesting, jury is still out for me though I do find this track as a standout.  I've been really enjoying All India Radio lately, they're a great mix tape band since I rarely find myself engaged for a full album.  Jumping ahead, I've got a lot of FSOL albums and am slowing working through all of them again finding wonderful gems amongst their consistently strong catalog.  I love the Headz 2A compilation from Mo Wax and every time I revisit it I find another incredible track, like this Stereo MC's one.  Then the aforementioned Elvis track, which DJ Food work their magic on and make it sound like nothing you'd ever expect from Mr. Costello. Finally some prog, electro dub, and glitch-hop to close it out.  

00:00  Xploding Plastix - Sports, Not Heavy Crime
05:02  Akusmi - Divine Moments of Truth
09:15  Young Marco - Temple On A Road
14:06  Blackfilm - Invisible Corridor
19:49  Death & Vanilla - Perpetuum Mobile (Civilistjavel dub)
28:04  All India Radio - Skarasen
31:36  Twilight Circus - Carousel
35:21  Floatpoint - Ilmabahujailkt
37:18  Yppah - Shutter Speed
41:03  The Future Sound of London - We Flew Together
43:43  Phoenecia - Sunset Condor
48:30  Stereo MC's - What Is Soul? (Instrumental)
53:15  Elvis Costello & The Attractions - Little Atoms (DJ Food Rinse)
64:11  ARC - Arcadia
68:38  Sub Dub - Vision Quest
75:13  Purple Confusion - Return to Nassau


photo credit: video for Xploding Plastix

No comments:

Post a Comment