08 May, 2023

243a - Bjork remixes





Never a rabid fan, but I did always appreciate the depth of remixes and remix artists Bjork enlisted.  Often I preferred the remixed version over the original track in her vast discography.  I liked the Sugarcubes, but after a couple tracks the guy got on my nerves and I would skip ahead to tracks like Birthday that were mere palatable.  On to her solo work, it was really the Underworld remixes of "Human Behavior" that really stood out to me.  Though I didn't include any of the tracks here, the early remix EP with the long title was a favorite for many years.  I remember my film club in college was able to get an advance screening of "Dancer In The Dark," we rented a coffee shop, hung a tarp and projected it on the back wall for an audience of about 20.  This mix features a very diverse set of remixes that I hope you enjoy, and maybe a few deep cuts that are new to some ears.  I did keep the album version of Army of Me, cause its just so good.  Otherwise, I tried to not duplicate tracks, but there are a few in vastly different forms in here.  


00:00  Bachelorette (RZA Remix)
05:23  I Miss You (Dobie's Rub, Pt2) [It's a Hip Hop Thing]
10:57  Isobel (Motorbass remix)
16:41  Lilith (Plaid remix)
21:17  All Is Full Of Love (Plaid remix)
25:19  Hyperballad (radio edit)
28:58  Play Dead (Tim Simenon 12inch remix)
33:53  Isobel (Portishead remix)
39:53  Hyperballad (Towa Tei remix)
47:57  Bachelorette (Mark Bell "Blue" remix)
50:36  Sun In My Mouth (Recomposed by Ensemble)
53:41  Headphones (Mika Vainio's 0mix)
59:49  Charlene
64:16  Possibly Maybe (promo version)
67:37  Venus As A Boy (7" Dream mix)
71:33  Human Behaviour (acoustic version)
74:34  Isobel (The Carcass remix)
80:09  Army of Me
84:01  It's In Our Hands (Soft Pink Truth mix)
87:46  Alarm Call (Rhythmic Phonetics mix by Matmos)


photo credit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1A78yTvIY1k

No comments:

Post a Comment