24 June, 2023

278 - Andrea Parker




An artist I really liked in her formative years, then she moved into solid Miami Bass type of techno which wasn't my cup of tea.  I'd heard she was adding vocals to some newer material as well, which again is not my thing.  Still, the early and abstract works are well worth the price of admission.  My introduction to her work is still my favorite, the remix of iO on the excursions series from Mo Wax, and the edit of Unconnected from the Trance Europe series.  I'd nearly forgotten about her until the reworking of Daphne Oram came up and begged for my attention.

00:00  Steve Reich - The Four Sections (Andrea Parker remix)
06:12  iO - Libre (Andrea Parker remix)
16:27  Andrea Parker - Unconnected (edit)
23:10  Ryuichi Sakamoto - Grief (Andrea Parker remix)
28:54  Andrea Parker - Melodious Thunk
36:07  Miki Nakatani - Superstar (Andrea Parker remix)
41:08  Andrea Parker - Elements of Style 
46:07  Secret Frequency Crew - Miami Eyes (Andrea Parker remix)
52:29  Mira Calix - Skin with me (Andrea Parker remix)
58:27  Andrea Parker & David Morley - After Dark
66:36  Andrea Parker - Clutching At Straws (It's Straws Remix)
70:50  Andrea Parker - Exclamation Mark!
72:49  Andrea Parker - Empty Words
77:40  Daphne Oram Reworked and Interpreted - Ghost Hamlet
86:56  Daphne Oram Reworked and Interpreted - Under the Sand (interlude)


photo credit: https://thevinylfactory.com/features/crate-diggers-andrea-parker/

No comments:

Post a Comment