14 June, 2023

269 - The Prids





Ever had an experience where the first time you heard a group, you were overtaken with nostalgia and bliss?  That's how I felt about The Prids, who I cam across from the cover song A Place To Bury Strangers did on their tribute album.  So much more than an homage to post-punk, sounding like the best parts of Jesus and Mary Chain, The Cure, Echo & The Bunnymen and any other group you want to throw in that great company.  After I'd purchased everything I could from them, I paid closer attention to that original tribute album, and the documentary they put out.  The band had suffered a terrible car accident and came back even stronger afterwards.  I've done my best to turn all my friends onto this magical group, who somehow are still a local hero band from Portland.


00:00  The Problem (Love Zero)
02:13  Like Hearts (Until The World Is Beautiful)
05:53  Fragile (Chronosynclastic)
09:37  The Glow (Until The World Is Beautiful)
13:39  Hide Your Thoughts (Chronosynclastic)
18:27  Lienzencages (Duracraft)
23:03  Contact (Love Zero)
27:15  Before We Are (Until The World Is Beautiful)
30:20  Love Zero (Love Zero)
34:36  Break (Chronosynclastic)
38:31  Panic Like Moths (Love Zero)
40:37  I'm Sorry (single)
43:10  Sydney (Chronosynclastic)
47:26  When I Look (Chronosynclastic)
50:55  Shadow and Shadow (Shadow and Shadow)
54:34  Molest The Outer Heart (Something Difficult)
56:16  Mangled Hearts (Do I Look Like I'm In Love?)
59:32  Not Even Sometimes (Love Zero)
62:23  Glide, Screamer (Glide, Screamer)
67:23  Adore (Skywave) (Got That Feeling)
70:18  Back Up Slow (Until The World Is Beautiful)
74:05  All That You Want (Until The World Is Beautiful)


photo credit: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/fractal/the-prids-documentary/description

No comments:

Post a Comment