18 June, 2023

273 - Tigerbeat6





Around 1999 I fell in deep with the glitchy, squelchy, punk fueled world of Kid606 and his labelmates.  I even recorded a 30 songs in 30 minutes DJ set from my living room during a party where all I played was Kid606 Cds/mp3s.  Many interesting releases on a slew of labels from Violent Turd, Vinyl Communications, Ipecac, 555, V/VM, and then their own lable Tigerbeat6.   Amazing stuff, all around and glad this crew were so tight night and all did guest appearances on each others albums.  Twenty plus years ago I had a field day researching and seeking this all out.  What is missing from this mix?  Matmos of course, and I think I had intended to do an all Matmos mix when I was compiling these tracks...we'll see if that ever materializes.  Not surprised that about half of these tracks aren't on spotify or youtube, so grab the download to enjoy the sounds of hard drives crashing.


00:00  Max Tundra - Mastered By Guy At The Exchange
02:25  Cex - Ad Nauseam
06:58  Lesser - Samen Dance Squad
08:09  Marumari - Untitled
12:25  Jayrope - ImpressionistBoogieFreeze
14:23  Dwayne Sodahberk - Devoiced (edit)
17:46  Lesser - Voice O'Reason
21:06  Stars As Eyes - Northern Waste
26:14  Solex - One Louder Solex
29:38  Cex - Cex
35:37  Cul De Sac - Needlepoint (DJ Rupture's Needlepoint mix)
39:10  Electric Company vs Lexanculpt - The Bilingus Cufflinks
44:25  com.a - Delusion Parade
49:29  DJ Ruputre - Track 03
54:41  Christoph De Babalon - appetite4destruction
56:04  Marumari - som 1-01
59:39  Stars As Eyes - Golden Experience
63:45  Solex - Pick Up
66:37  Colongib - The RecorVoc is Not Safe, Miss
70:58  DJ Rupture - Track 06
75:43  Stars As Eyes - More Difficult
80:23  Stars As Eyes - Retarded Future


photo credit: logo

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like quite the party, Mooz! A great mix as ever, a fan of many and lots that are new to me too. Particular kudos for including a couple by Solex, who I adore. I saw her live in concert in 1999, in the bowels of a boat permanently moored in the city centre of my birthplace. She was fantastic and is hugely underrated and underappreciated, in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Solex is fantastic, and that is wonderful you saw her perform in your hometown. She is underrated and underappreciated, as are many artists in this genre.

      Delete