28 February, 2024

375 Shoegaze-ish mix 1




The next four mixes I made for myself guessing around 2010, and likely gave my wife a copy.  Mostly shoegazer stuff here, with some post-punk thrown in for good measure.  Had this playing in our car last week and my wife said she loved it all over again and remembered it from 10-15 years back.  I remember going on a shoegaze spree when I was compiling this.  Trying to find new (at the time) and underground tracks that I wasn't familiar with.  


00:00  800beloved - The Skeleton Collection
04:11  The Meeting Places - Now I Know You Could Never Be The One
08:09  Air Formation - It's Over Now
12:42  Alcian Blue - A Fading Smile
16:58  Sad Day For Puppets - Little Light
20:07  Strawberry Whiplash - Factory Girl
23:10  Asobi Seksu - Thursday
27:22  Monster Movie - Vanishing Act
31:19  Malory - Sleeper
35:25  She, Sir - I Love You, Blowtorch Eyes
38:53  Silver Screen - Won't You Ever Know
42:00  The Pains of Being Pure At Heart- Higher Than The Stars
45:40  Adorable - Submarine
50:00  The Boo Radleys - Time Fades Fast
53:01  Mojave Three - Breaking The Ice
57:01  The Leisure Society - A Short Weekend Begins With Longing
60:05  Sigur Ros - Hljomalind
64:47  Alt-ctrl-sleep - Ghost
67:32  Asobi Seksu - Strawberries (Ulrich Schnauss remix)
71:01  Slowdive - When The Sun Hits



photo credit: Lost Creek Wilderness, CO

2 comments:

  1. Great mix, Mooz. The Asobi Seksu tracks alone are worth the price of admission!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yes, mind was blown first time I heard "Thursday", then came the Ulrich Schnauss remix and mind blown a second time. Then I came across the Jesus and Mary Chain cover, and the split EP with Boris and I've never recovered. :-)

      Delete