Can’t say I was ever the biggest fan of Mogwai. They’re quite good at what they do. I felt that when they came out there was a flood of similar sounding bands and I really couldn’t tell many of them apart. Their remix album “Kicking a Dead Pig” is pretty good, though inconsistent. It was when I heard their Neu! remix that I realized they had some serious chops as remixers, and dug out several other tracks I had in the archives from them. I suppose this all does sound very much like them, but not all in the expected post-rock vein.
01 Link – Arcadian
02 Neu! – Super
03 Bloc Party – Plans
04 Clark – Shut You Down
05 Cloth – Felt
06 F*ck Buttons – Colours Move
07 Grandbrothers – Organism
08 JamesHeatherSounds – In Your Spirit
09 Kid606 – Done with the Scene (444mix)
10 Max Richter – Path 5 (official remix)
11 Mint Julep – Aviary
12 Pluramon – Hintergrund
13 Thurston Moore - <untitled>
14 Transatlantic Alliance – Saint Wulfstan
15 Boom Bip – The Use of Unacceptable Colors in Nature
16 The Paradise Motel – Drive
17 Mogwai – Fear Satan
18 Earth – Teeth of Lions Rule the Divine
02 Neu! – Super
03 Bloc Party – Plans
04 Clark – Shut You Down
05 Cloth – Felt
06 F*ck Buttons – Colours Move
07 Grandbrothers – Organism
08 JamesHeatherSounds – In Your Spirit
09 Kid606 – Done with the Scene (444mix)
10 Max Richter – Path 5 (official remix)
11 Mint Julep – Aviary
12 Pluramon – Hintergrund
13 Thurston Moore - <untitled>
14 Transatlantic Alliance – Saint Wulfstan
15 Boom Bip – The Use of Unacceptable Colors in Nature
16 The Paradise Motel – Drive
17 Mogwai – Fear Satan
18 Earth – Teeth of Lions Rule the Divine

No comments:
Post a Comment