About a third of these tracks come from the now deleted “Drive Baby Drive” Motorik mixes on https://groovylibrary.blogspot.com/. The Talking Heads track really kicked me off on this tangent, the extended outro of Psycho Killer goes into some great Krautrock/Motorik territory and is probably my favorite version of this track. Hallogallo 2010 is Michael Rother with Steve Shelley and Aaron Mullan, and this is what I wanted for the 4th Neu! Album, not that 1986/#4 stuff – ugh! I often return to the first Sonic Youth album as it sounds unique, yet also foundational for everything they’ve done since. The Orb track shows how I’m not sticking with only Motorik beats here, yet it still fits well with the flow. Not much to say really on the rest, I wanted some good hypnotic driving music, and this is what I got. I have a long road trip coming up, so this will certainly help pass some time.
01 Talking Heads – Psycho Killer (Old Grey Whistle Test)
02 Viddjur – Planet 3
03 Hallogallo 2010 – Drone Schlager
04 Sonic Youth – She is Not Alone
05 Can – Moonshake
06 Zatua – Silver Horizon
07 The Orb – Secrets (I Love a Woman in Uniform mix)
08 The Follakzoid & J Spaceman – Electric
09 Mladi Gorani – Nano
10 BEAK> - Lulsgate
11 Silver Apples – Oscillations
12 Kikagaku Moyo – Green Sugar
13 Fly Pan Am - éfférant/afférant
14 Trees Speak – Soul Machine
15 BEAK> - Liar
16 Panama Fleets – Elecktromotorik Diesels
17 Trigona – Von Graf

No comments:
Post a Comment