04 September, 2026

P610 Been Through Some Stuff



I recently came across World Standard and was surprised I hadn’t found them sooner, especially considering how much time I’ve spent digging around for ambient country. I like that there seems to be a different approach with each release, which is why they show up twice on this mix. Slick Sixty has a bit of a Sublime vibe going on, at least to my ears, and the Boards of Canada track fits suspiciously well next to it. I also finally tracked down the Cedell Davis remix, which meant ripping it from YouTube. I’d been trying to fill in some of the gaps in my cLOUDDEAD collection, so this one had been on the list for a while.

Maria Marquez and Frank Harris come next with a track from the enjoyably bizarre Ralph Records compilation Potatoes. From there, Ghost Power brings us into the world of Tim Gane and Jeremy Novak. The Drome track was actually a happy accident. I had been looking for Graham Lewis’ project Dome when I came across Burnt Friedman’s Drome instead. I’ll take that kind of mistake any day. It leads nicely into the dance-punk of Holy F*ck, the grimy hauntology of Project Gemini, and the psyche-kraut groove of Cave. Things then take a turn toward some classic post-rock with The Mercury Program and Isotope 217, before Nathan’s recommendation of The Invisible Pair of Hands and Spaceways.

The final two tracks come from Random and Bass Kittens, both aliases of Jon Drukman. I had been looking into his work after learning that Jack Dangers of Meat Beat Manifesto had a side project called the JDs with them. That sent me down another one of those little research rabbit holes, which is generally how these things go. By the time I got to the end of this mix, I had picked up a few things I was actively looking for and quite a few more that I wasn’t. That’s usually a pretty good sign.

01 World Standard – Good Red Road
02 Slick Sixty – Someone Else’s Square
03 Boards of Canada – In A Beautiful Place Out in the Country
04 Cedell Davis – Been Through Some Stuff (cLOUDDEAD remix)
05 World Standard, Moose Hill – Desert Blue
06 Maria Marquez and Frank Harris – Canto Del Pilon
07 Ghost Power – Opsimath
08 Fujiya & Miyagi – Hundreds & Thousands
09 Drome – H-Fanatic
10 Holy F*ck – Red Lights
11 Project Gemini – The Last Midnight
12 Cave – Shikaakwa
13 The Mercury Program – The Sea is in Here
14 Isotope 217 – New Beyond
15 The Invisible Pair of Hands – Inbetween Times
16 Spaceways – Tyner
17 Random – The End
18 Bass Kittens – Another Rainy Day


No comments:

Post a Comment