15 August, 2023

309a DJ Spooky mix 1





Another amazing DJ that pushes boundaries and is hard to classify since he reinvents his sound with every album and project.  I was blown away by Riddim Warfare, my first exposure to his music.  I recall purchasing "Subliminal Minded" EP at Taang records near San Diego way back in the late 90s, and pretty sure I pissed off my punk friends by playing this frequently when I'd crash on their couches.  The collaborations with Freight Elevator Quartet and Scanner really blew me away and I was a dedicated fan from then on.  A common refrain here, I'm sad that Spotify has such a small selection of his works, as I think everyone should have the opportunity to hear DJ Spooky.

00:00  Intro: Anagramme Oulippienne
00:39  An Embarrassment Artist
07:01  Glass Beads
11:33  Astral Blue (with Twilight Circus and Alter Echo)
16:34  Osmose (with Freight Elevator Quartet)
20:48  Supersonic Bionic (Spectral Dub mix)
27:19  Dr. Satan Echo Chamber
27:38  Dub Summit (with Twilight Circus and Alter Echo)
31:43  Creation Rebel (with Mad Professor and Rob Swift)
36:24  Uncanny (with Scanner)
41:47  Theme of the Drunken Sailor 
46:57  Guanxi (with Scanner)
50:43  Downtempo Manifesto (with Freight Elevator Quartet)
54:35  Interlude Journey Into Sound
55:39  Obscure Disorder (Ghost Hacked!!!) (with Dave Lombardo)
61:06  Delerium Tremens
64:08  Variation on a Freight Theme (live) (with Freight Elevator Quartet)
69:31  Synaptic Dissonance


photo credit: http://www.bar-none.com/dj-spooky

No comments:

Post a Comment