27 April, 2023

303 - Laswell's Delicate Touch





I couldn't resist, here is a bonus 7th mix in this series.

This is presented far out of order, but it closes out the week of adoration of Bill Laswell.  Last summer I went hiking with a close friend and we listened to the Laswell remix/reconstruction of Miles Davis' works while romping around on 4-wheel trails in the Colorado mountains.  It was a magnificent experience for me, one of the first times I got out after major surgery, and really kickstarted my healing process by surrounding myself with nature.  At the time, I was also heavily researching Ayurveda practices and implementing lifestyle changes and found so much of Laswell's music as a perfect background for meditation and reciting mantras.  Later that year I picked up his Lost Remix series from his bandcamp page, and that really ignited my desire to finish this last overview mix.  Its a long one, but probably my favorite that I've made.

Be sure to grab the download or the mixcloud stream as this mix features several rare mixes not available on spotify or youtube.


00:00  Miles Davis - In A Silent Way (Bill Laswell Remix)
05:14  Divination - Aum
09:03  Robert Musso - Om Shantih Shantih Shantih
16:35  Mari Boine - Maid aiggot muinna eallin (Bill Lasweel mix)
22:48  Jah Wobble's Invaders of The Heart - Om Namah Shiva (Transformation Of The Heart Mix) 
35:24  Bill Laswell - Aman (Peaceful)
42:18  Makyo - Devabandha (Laswell remix)
57:32  Sri Adi Shankara - Shiva Manas Puja
58:54  Ustad Sultan Khan - Kala Infinite
66:49  Ryukyu Underground - Koi no MichiKusa
76:36  God - Bloodstream (The Evening Redness in the West Mix)
86:31  Almamegretta - Glossolalia dub (Bill Laswell Remix)
96:53  Peter Gabriel - In Your Eyes (Special mix)
 

photo credit: discogs

No comments:

Post a Comment