09 April, 2023

226 - SN Classic Rock volume 3





More classic rock brought on while watching Supernatural.  This IS the only time you'll see Aerosmith in one of my mixes, because I just don't care for them at all.  I had a debate with someone online once who said Steven Tyler was THE greatest rock vocalist ever, and my stance was that he embodies everything I dislike in a rock singer.  I enjoyed revisiting the videos for some of these.  The video from Yes has always stuck with me since I was a kid, it was strange then and strange now but is pretty cool.  The long pause for the birds flight, the industrial garage that looks like Einsturzende Neubauten recording an album.  Plus that iconic drum break.  Good stuff.  

00:00  The Doobie Brothers - China Grove
03:14  Deep Purple - Highway Star
09:20  Blue Oyster Cult - (Don't Fear) The Reaper
14:12  Journey - Separate Ways (Worlds Apart)
19:34  Loverboy - Turn Me Loose
25:07  Bad Company - Bad Company
29:41  Bob Seger - Against the Wind
34:55  Dire Straits - Sultans of Swing
40:37  Boston - Peace of Mind
45:23  Night Ranger - Sister Christian
50:16  Aerosmith - Sweet Emotion
54:31  The Zombies - Time of the Season
57:57  Queen - Another One Bites The Dust
61:26  Joan Jett and the Blackhearts - I Love Rock N' Roll
64:10  Cochrane Tom & Red Rider - Lunatic Fringe
68:19  Yes - Owner Of A Lonely Heart
72:36  Asia - Heat Of The Moment
76:17  Van Halen - Panama


photo credit: beer bongs and camping late 90s Mt Blodget


Happy Easter


No comments:

Post a Comment