28 April, 2023

234 - Alternative Remixes pt1





Most of these songs are from my teenage years, and I have such fond memories of them.  I chose all of these as more dramatic reworking of the original material.  Sometimes I sought out the remix based on the remixer's credits alone.  As usual, my taste in electronic music is not focused on dance floor tracks, so expect some more unusual flair in these tunes.   Again, most of these aren't on Spotify which is annoying.

A request, if you the casual reader has any suggestions on other tracks similar to these, please let me know.  I'm always on the lookout for more wild 90's alternative rock remixes.

00:00  Tori Amos - God (The Dharma Kaya mix by The Joy)
12:13  Lush - Stray (Hole In The Sky mix by The Drum Club)
19:06  The Cure - A Forest (Tree mix by Mark Saunders)
25:38  Chapterhouse - We Are The Beautiful (Spooky's Extravaganja Dub Mix)
33:45  Lush - Undertow (remix by Spooky)
42:48  Piano Magic - The Canadian Brought Us Snow (remix by ISAN)
46:20  Everything But The Girl - Walking Wounded (hard vocal mix by Spring Heel Jack)
52:17  Curve - Falling Free (Aphex Twin mix)
59:43  Sarah McLachlan - Possession (Rabbit In The Moon remix)
66:50  My Bloody Valentine - Soon (Andrew Weatherall mix)
74:14  The Charlatans - Patrol (The Dust Brothers mix)
80:58  The Boo Radleys - Lazarus (Augustus Pablo mix)


photo credit: https://www.popmatters.com/the-100-greatest-alternative-singles-of-the-90s-2495423943.html

No comments:

Post a Comment