23 January, 2024

356a Psychic TV mix 1


I am only an intermittent Psychic TV listener.  Their first couple albums were favorites, and I did pick up a few live albums on vinyl from Wax Trax, but those were sometimes dodgy quality or just a cacophony that didn't always translate to repeat listenings.  Then in the early 90's I got the Jack The Tab/Infinite Beat era which was very novel in the dawning of the rave culture.  Later on I found solace with the more ambient and meditative/ritual music of theirs.  In hindsight, its the comps like Hex Sex that I really listen to the most often.  Still, a prolific and powerful band that truly is a cultural icon for their music and antics (on and off stage).  Here are two mixes of my favorite tracks.

00:00  Godstar
03:28  Roman P (Fireball mix)
08:49  Only Love Can Break Your Heart
14:52  The Orchids
17:46  Ov Power
23:45  I.C. Water
32:08  United 94
37:58  Firewoman
39:57  Unknown (Descending)
40:45  Wrongs of Spring (Remix)



photo credit: discogs

4 comments:

  1. I like both of these comps. A lot in common with pick I made on my site, but a few different. Enough to at least look at it. https://polinatewtc.blogspot.com/2023/03/ptv-pick.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, quite similar. I like your selection as well with some solid memories on those tracks. I used to listen to the Jack The Tab/Tekno Acid Beat and Infinite Beat albums quite often.

      Delete
    2. You have set me on a path that's coming soon. You don't even have an idea of what you have unleashed. I apologize in advance.

      Delete
    3. Love it! I am always being sucked down rabbit holes with music. Glad I could help start you on a journey as well. Based on the depth and great selection of your mixes, I'm sure it will be quite a treat when you unleash it on the world. I'm anxiously awaiting the update. :-)

      Delete