15 January, 2024

352 Rap Classics



Many of these tracks came up while discussing the history of Hip Hop with my daughters.  I joked that it was so bizarre that my mother let me keep Run D.M.C's "Raising Hell" and the soundtrack to "Juice" but objected to the Dead Milkmen's "Beelzebubba" and thought Prince's "Purple Rain" was too mature (I mean look at that inlay photo!).

And a shout out to NPR for hosting Cypress Hill on Tiny Desk Concerts recently.


00:00  Whodini & The Freestylers - (It's All in Mr.) Magic's Wand (Freestylers' Phat Newskool Party Mix)
03:20  Kool Moe Dee - I Go To Work
07:54  Eric B. & Rakim - Microphone Fiend
13:06  Kurtis Blow - If I Ruled The World
20:06  Run D.M.C. - King of Rock
25:17  House of Pain - Jump Around (Original Remix)
28:38  Naughty By Nature - Hip Hop Hooray
32:42  Warren G & Nate Dogg - Regulate (Jamming Mix)
36:20  The Notorious B.I.G. - Juicy (Remix)
40:44  Cypress Hill - When The Shit Goes Down
43:40  Eric B. & Rakim - Let The Rhythm Hit 'Em (Upso Mix)
49:50  A Tribe Called Quest - Can I Kick It (The Von Trapp Remix)
56:34  Will Smith - Summertime
60:51  Snoop Doggy Dogg - Who Am I (What's My Name)?
64:57  Gang Starr - Mass Appeal
68:32  Stereo MCs - Elevate My Mind (7 inch version)
71:35  Organized Konfusion - Prisioners of War
76:01  Cypress Hill - Real Estate
79:46  The Fugees - Ready or Not



photo credit: https://www.udiscovermusic.com/stories/hip-hop-in-20-songs/

1 comment:

  1. Hello, we have the blogs www.Classic-Rock-Covers.com and ChilloutSounds.blogspot.com/ If you want put our links to your Blog List. We already put your blog to our Blog's Blog List. Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete