21 January, 2024

355 Poppy Alternative




Ok yeah, I always have more of these 90's alternative mixes on tap.  I love the genre, what can I say.  Like my last one, this is nothing special, just some fun songs to put the listener in a great mood and hopefully get them signing along.

00:00  Tones on Tail - Go!
04:22  Lush - Untogether
07:42  Echo & The Bunnymen - The Killing Moon
13:18  Adorable - Sunshine Smile
18:16  Pixies - Here Come's Your Man
21:33  Blur - There's No Other Way
24:48  Levy - In The Woods
27:40  The House of Love - Shine On
31:36  The La's - There She Goes
34:14  The Cribs - We Share The Same Skies
37:23  Catherine Wheel - Judy Staring at the Sun
41:10  Radiohead - Creep
45:01  Love & Rockets - So Alive
48:31  The Charlatans - The Only One I Know
52:24  They Might Be Giants - Birdhouse in Your Soul
55:34  The Cardigans - Lovefool (radio edit)
58:45  The Lightning Seeds - Pure
62:24  Broadcast - Come On Let's Go
65:35  New Order - The Age of Consent
70:42  The Smiths - How Soon Is Now?


photo credit: https://quiltroutes.blogspot.com/2010/06/alternative-poppies.html

7 comments:

  1. Kudos for getting Tones On Tail and Love & Rockets in there, Mooz!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both are iconic tracks. This was another mix for my daughters, to teach them about wonderful music from the past few decades.

      Delete
  2. I was lucky enough to go to a "Tones On Tail" live show that somehow became Love and Rockets. Crazy! and so cool. Go! is the normal GoTo song, but they have such beautiful and gloomy other tracks. Mix some in with Dalis Car for your daughters on a next comp. Great job! BTW, found your site on the Groovy Library site, was intrigued.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your daughters might like this: https://polinatewtc.blogspot.com/2022/06/tolerable-schlock.html

      Delete
    2. I can imagine that Tones on Tail show would've been fantastic. Yeah, their album is filled with gems for sure. Thanks for the reminder about Dali's Car, I've not listened to them in years. I am happy you enjoyed this comp, hopefully you find others here that you like as well. Thanks for calling out Groovy Library as well, that's an incredible site with such wonderful comps on so many styles. Lastly, thanks for the link, you're right it is a hit with my daughters.

      Delete
    3. I couldn't help it. Look in a week or so. I have a Moozler's Music comp coming. I'm working on it now. Some stuff to go with this (including Dali's Car). Also I have linked to your site. I like it!

      Delete
    4. Outstanding, I'm eagerly awaiting this, and thank you very much. Also I've linked your site as well, and am slowly making it through your tremendous back catalog of mixes. Very impressed with everything I've seen so far.

      Delete