13 December, 2023

344a Morose is funner to say than Experienced





I've got a lot of alternative mixes coming soon.  These are the only tracks I know from Best Kissers in the World and Whipped Cream, both from a Stoli Vodka promo CD which for early 90's has a solid tracklist.  Our local independent radio station has been playing Mrs. Robinson quite often lately, reminded me what a great album that was from.  Included this Frank Black track because of the new Scott Pilgrim Netflix show.  Meat Puppets because I had recently finished "Corporate Rock Sucks" the SST records story.  The Cure remixed by Keith LeBlanc?  Yes please, I want more.  Then I'll admit I've been on a Pretty Girls Make Graves kick after ready the Dharma Bums.  Then several classics that don't need much introduction.  True Body is hte newest track on here, and don't really recall how I came across this gem.  The Editors are another group I should pay more attention to.  The New Fast Automatic Daffodils came to my attention through this track on MTV's 120 Minutes. I loved the funky baggy sometimes dubby sound that made them stand out from so many other alternative bands.  I keep meaning to do an overview mix of them, but haven't given it the attention I should.   Zola Jesus is another recent track, and she is magnificent in all she does.  Ending with perhaps a more rare cut of a favorite track.  

The title of this mix comes from my daughter, I try to write down all the funny quips she comes up with and this one stood out.  Hope you enjoy.  YouTube playlist is pretty good as most of these have actual official videos.


00:00  Asobi Seksu - Thursday
04:12  Stereolab - The Noise of Carpet
07:07  Best Kissers in the World - Pickin' Flowers For
10:23  The Lemonheads - Mrs. Robinson
13:53  Frank Black - I Heard Ramona Sing
17:25  Meat Puppets - Severed Goddess Hand
20:14  Siouxsie and The Banshees - Spellbound
23:29  Slowdive - Bleed
26:52  The Cure - Primary (Red Mix 1990)
33:53  Pretty Girls Make Graves - Speakers Push The Air
36:44  Screaming Trees - Nearly Lost You
40:43  Gin Blossoms - Hey Jealousy
44:26  The Smiths - William, It Was Really Nothing
46:24  The Breeders - When I Was A Painter
49:41  True Body - Spirit City
53:35  Editors - The Weight of the World
57:44  New Fast Automatic Daffodils - Fishes Eyes
63:45  New Order - True Faith (edit)
67:46  Zola Jesus - Long Way Down
71:41  Whipped Cream - Explosion
75:50  Joy Division - Ceremony (Graveyard Studios, Prestwich version)



photo credit: Cherry Creek St Park area

No comments:

Post a Comment