11 December, 2023

343 Nite Moves




Lissie was certainly working more on her Stevie Nicks impression than covering Bob Seger (just kidding, this is a totally different song), and it turned out quite well.  This is another mix for my wife, she either requested these songs or I thought they'd be something she enjoyed.  Well, mostly.  I went my own way towards the end and it worked out just fine.    Despite my writing her off as another pop star, I've really come around on Lana Del Rey.  Phosphorescent remind me of something from the 80's and I can't quite nail what it is.  Stephen Sanchez is quite an old soul crooner, unexpected in this day and age.  I loved Pearl Jam's Ten when it came out, but didn't follow them much, yet Eddie Vedder is still knocking our killer tracks with his inimitable style.   Ending this indie folk mix with some classic and obscure country which felt appropriate.  I was on some internet research for the backstory of another song when I saw Lefty Frizzell's Long Black Veil mentioned and couldn't miss the opportunity to close with Townes Van Zandt.

00:00  Mitski - The Only Heartbreaker
02:56  Lissie - Night Moves
05:58  Rosa Linn - Snap
08:56  Eddie Vedder - Brother the Cloud
13:15  Father John Misty - Goodbye Mr Blue
18:07  Lana Del Rey - Let Me Love You Like A Woman
21:25  Ray LaMontagne - Such a Simple Thing
26:13  Phosphorescent - New Birth in New England
31:03  Phosphorescent - Song for Zula
37:06  Stephen Sanchez - Until I Found You
39:54  Monsters of Folk - Temazcal 
43:32  Daughter - Medicine
47:30  Indigo Sparke - Everything Everything
50:43  The Kinks - Death of a Clown
53:38  Crosby Stills and Nash - Wooden Ships
58:56  Hermanos Gutierrez - Tres Hermanos
62:09  Willie Nelson - Roll Me Up and Smoke Me When I Die (live)
64:06  Jimmy Carter and Dallas County Green - Travelin'
67:30  Lefty Frizzell - The Long Black Veil
70:27  Kenny Knight - Baby's Back
72:26  Townes Van Zandt - No Place To Fall



photo credit: https://www.nitemovesband.com/ no relation to this mix, just liked the logo

No comments:

Post a Comment