02 May, 2024

440 The Remix According to The Black Dog (Productions)





I am a big fan of their early works, Bytes and Spanners are incredible albums.  I first came across them via the Trance Europe Express compilation, then the Bjork remixes.  I know they splintered early on and one member left to become Plaid.  Black Dog dropped "productions" from their name and the music evolved in style as well.  I had another 20 or so remixes for this mix that I didn't include as that musical evolution seemed to subdue their wonkyness in my opinion.  So the remixes here are all showcasing the early years and the stuff that had a bit more flair than the average electronic remix tends to be.

00:00  Radiohead - Talk Show Host (Black Dog Remix)
04:07  Blondie - Fade Away and Radiate (108 BPM mix)
09:22  Bjork - Come To Me (Black Dog Mix)
14:21  Nav Katze - More THan A Feeling (Black Dog Mix #2)
20:44  The Creatures - Guillotine (Bitten by the Black Dog)
25:18  Garbage - Breaking Up The Girl (Black Dog Wounded by the Warbeast mix)
30:00  Soft Ballet - Perfection (Plaid & Black Dog mix)
37:56  Nav Katze - Never Not (Black Dog Mix #1)
44:55  Lalo Schifrin - Bullitt (Bitten by the Black Dog Cruise Control)
49:24  Bjork - The Anchor Song (Black Dog Mix)
54:06  Ned's Atomic Dustbin - All I Ask Of Myself Is That I Hold Together (No Answer mix)
59:19  Elbow - Newborn (Bitten By The Black Dog)
63:47  The Dandy Warhols - Bohemian Like You (The Black Dog Lithium Carbonate 300mg mix)


00:00  Anodyne - Corrosion (Bitten By The Black Dog)
09:26  Reload - Le Soleil Et La Mer (Black Dog Productions Remix)
15:41  Laurent Garnier - Crispy Bacon (Bitten By The Black Dog)
23:06  Rubens - Breaking Into Smile (Black Dog Mix)
29:20  Black Sifichi - Unsavoury Products (Bitten by the Black Dog)
34:03  Derailleur - Cognate (Bitten Deep by the Black Dog)
40:20  Alter Ego - Tanks Ahead (Black Dog Remix)
47:42  Mark Broom & Plaid - Gold Cheese (The Fairgrind Version)
52:35  Phenomyna - Into the Other World (Explained by the Black Dog)
58:43  Plan V - Tripulante 2.4 (Black Dog Remix)


photo credit: Montague

2 comments:

  1. Great stuff, Mooz. I thought I had a handle on Black Dog remixes but I had no idea they’d ‘bitten’ Garbage & The Dandy Warhols.

    I take your point about the post-split differences though much to love about Plaid and ‘solo’ Black Dog. Babylon ft. Ofra Haza is a great example of the latter, esp Jimmy Cauty’s Scourge Of The Earth remix.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was pleasantly surprised, I started by just compiling the remixes under the "Black Dog Productions" label. Then realized they did SO much more under just "Black Dog." I'm a big fan of Plaid and almost included them in this remix series, then saw the vast output and shied away. That Ofra Haza collab is excellent, and yes the Jimmy Cauty remix is top notch.

      Delete