09 May, 2024

413 Derangments in the Mountains



This starts off with some solid trip hop and downtempo tracks that'll get ya groovin. Then a climactic track from Aereogramme leading into some heavier stuff and dubs, all keeping that same vibe.  The Fireman was a nice find I stumbled upon, I'm sure I'm very late to the game.  Its Youth and Paul McCartney, a pairing I never imagined could work but it does.  Trevor Hall is my meditation coach's favorite musician, and glad he has some dubs out there that are top notch.  Goth Babe is played on my local radio station a lot and I can't ever turn it off when I hear it.  Tara Jane O'Neil puts a great spin on a classic everyone should know and sign along to.  Then a super rare Police track, had a good discussion with a friend last weekend on how he hates the Police, and I hate Aerosmith - maybe this track would change his mind, its like no other version of Roxanne I've heard.  Numun is a side project from SUSS, who I covered on my Ambient Americana series.  Then ending with All India Radio for a chill letdown after some of the chaos of this playlist.

00:00  Portishead - Over (remix)
04:04  Sade - Feel No Pain (Version)
09:20  Digable Planets - Rebirth Of Slick (Cool like Dat) (7" remix)
13:20  Belbury Poly - The Path
17:35  Aereogramme - Alternate Score
22:23  Guardians of Dalliance - Turn To Gold
25:12  Faust vs Dalek - T-Electronique
29:18  Blackfilm - Lost
33:25  The Fireman - Bison
36:00  Beastie Boys - Bodhisattva Vow (instrumental)
39:01  Banco de Gaia - Kara Kum (Bombay Dub Spaghetti Eastern Mix)
44:24  The Woodleigh Research Facility - Emancipation Garage
50:34  Trevor Hall - My God (Urani and Fox dub)
55:35  Goth Babe - Alone in the Mountains
58:49  Tara Jane O'Neil - Cruel Summer (Bananarama)
62:32  The Police - Roxanne mix (Stewart Copeland's Derangments)
65:28  Numun - Voyage Au Soleil
70:47  All India Radio - Untitled April 2017



photo credit: https://www.emptywheel.net/2020/04/19/on-mountains-mountain-climbing-and-covid-19/

No comments:

Post a Comment