11 May, 2024

414 Don't Say No to the Red Plateau



Call this part two of the "Air travel" mix from a couple days ago, as it is more tracks that were recollected based on the Mojo "Pigs Might Fly" compilation.  Always love the Jane and her husband collaborations.  Included a mid-late period Can track off Saw Delight, an album I don't listen to as often as their earlier more iconic works.  Mummy Dust Trippers is a leftover track from when I compiled the Unexpected Gamelan series.  Ulan Bator is a quirky fun post-rock group from France.  I'd had this track sitting in a folder for years waiting for the right mix to include it in.  Josefin Ohrn is an artist I came across via that Mojo comp and started seeking out whatever else I could find from them.  Orthodox is a doom metal band, but here they're somewhat less heavy and more psychedelic - I like to think of this song as a doom laden free jazz version of "The End" by the doors; maybe that's a stretch.  Larsen is a group I'd not have paid much attention to if not for the Nurse With Wound collaboration.  I tend to find a lot of music through that kind of association.  The Quickspace track is from an old krautrock/motoric compilation I made about 10-15 years back, and reused it here.  Pretty sure I have those old mixes slated for upload soon so it'll be duplicated there.  I came across a "demos and rarities" version of James Plotkin's "The Joy Of Disease" and refamiliarized myself with the wonderful music there.  Ending with a track from that Mojo comp with ties this up nicely.


00:00  Jane Weaver - Electric Mountain (Andy Votel Analogue Mountain Instro)
04:15  Can - Don't Say No
10:42  Mummy Dust Trippers - Cacti-Crypt Metamorphosis Bells
18:03  Ulan Bator - Haupstadt
25:33  Josefin Ohrn + The Liberation - Dunes
32:19  Orthodox - Con Sangre de Quien te Ofenda
40:41  Larsen - Impro #1
43:43  Quickspace - Lob It
46:00  James Plotkin - Red Plateau
54:05  Julie's Haircut - Salting Traces



photo credit:  Valley of the Gods

No comments:

Post a Comment