06 November, 2023

326 Covers of Cocteau Twins





Love a good cover song, and the Cocteau Twins are notoriously difficult to cover properly.  I've selected some of the best examples I had in my collection, and wanted to really showcase Faye Wong. She had a long standing collaboration with the Cocteau Twins, and the songs here represent her Mandarin interpretations of their works, and a couple tracks that Elizabeth and Robin wrote specifically for her. 

Shout out to this playlist that did a better job of researching covers than I did.  https://open.spotify.com/playlist/5saByrRCkkCfT35D6cboqo

00:00  Japancakes - Heaven or Las Vegas
04:40  Faye Wong - The Amusement Park
07:46  Deftones - Wax and Wane
11:55  Faye Wong - Random Thinking (Bluebeard)
15:41  Irene & The Disappointments - Iceblink Luck
18:53  Faye Wong - Nostalgia (Rilkean Heart)
22:08  Spooky - Hypo-Allergenic (remix of Fruitopia jingles)
28:13  Faye Wong - Repressing Happiness (Touch Upon Touch)
32:10  Azam Ali - Shallow Then Halo
36:36  Faye Wong - Know Oneself and Each Other (know who you are at every age)
40:00  Nouvelle Vague - Athol Brose
44:28  Livia - Mizake the Mizan
48:22  Faye Wong - Serpentskirt
55:12  The Lovecraft Sextet - Seekers Who Are Lovers


photo credit: fan button

2 comments:

  1. An excellent trio of tribute mixes, Mooz, it has to be said.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Glad you liked them. I enjoyed chasing all this down for a band I wasn't all too familiar with when I started. I'm certainly a much bigger fan now, which I'm sure pleases my wife.

      Delete