15 November, 2022

Episode 85 - Dark Electronica






A darker/noisier themed mix, while still very accessible.  The Bomb the Bass track would be right at home on any Meat Beat 90's era album.  This Scorn track is probably my favorite from their early period, making excellent use of a Residents' Vileness Fats sample.  Elvis Costello?  Sure, I think it fits the vibe all too well. The residents doing what they do best, I wish they'd played this when I saw them love, but they did "Six More Miles to the Graveyard" which was quite a pleasure.  Next up is some tape loop madness courtesy of Severed Heads, which I was lucky enough to pick up in the dollar bin at a local record store - they didn't know what they had, such as the other 1$ purchase of the VG+ original pressing of 20 Jazz Funk Greats.  Moving along in the mix to some more modern laptoptronica, noise rock, industrial classic, and a darker piece from On-U family. Ending with my favorite of the V/VM relations making a classic into nearly intolerable noise.

00:00 Bomb the Bass feat. Jack Dangers- Fire
03:40 Dead Voices on Air - Geong G'uma
08:34 Scorn - Automata
14:36 Elvis Costello - When I was Cruel No. 2
21:32 The Residents - Jambalaya (Hank Williams Sr.)
26:10 Severed Heads - Gashing the Old Mae West
32:01 Pulseprogramming - Within Orderly Long Distance Life (Kohn remix)
38:15 kid606 - Together
42:43 A Place To Bury Strangers - I Know I'll See You (Clapp remix)
46:26 Ministry - Smothered Hope (Skinny Puppy)
50:53 African Head Charge - Hold Some Version
54:14 The Residents - Love Leaks Out (Live in the Studio)
55:18 Rank Sinatra - Take On Me

photo credit: flowers and candles from an old house of ours

No comments:

Post a Comment