04 November, 2022

Episode 72 - So Many Smiths Covers




I think most of my generation had a Smiths phase growing up.  There is always that one song that resonates most with you.  Over the years, I have amasses a lot of tribute albums, and random covers from hundreds of bands, and put together my favorite Smiths covers here.  Starting with the faster and harder ones, and ending with some nice light takes on this wonderful music.


00:00 Slapshot - Bigmouth Strikes Again
02:59 Quicksand - How Soon is Now
06:03 The Business - Panic
08:28 Supergrass - Some Girls are Bigger Than Others
11:56 Dum Dum Girls - There is a Light and it Never Goes Out
16:06 Placebo - Bigmouth Strikes Again
19:32 Dinosaur Jr - Boy With the Thorn in His Side
21:23 Billy Bragg - Never Had No One Ever
24:51 The Twilight Sad - Half a Person
28:16 Trespassers William - There is a Light and it Never Goes Out
33:59 Low - Last Night I Dreamed That Somebody Loved Me
37:32 The Boo Radleys - The Queen is Dead
42:48 The Trash Can Sinatras - I Know Its Over
49:00 Sandie Shaw & The Smiths - Hand in Glove
51:52 Kristy Maccoll - You Just Havent Earned It Yet
55:29 The Ocean Blue - There is a Light and it Never Goes Out
59:35 Jeff Buckley - I Know Its Over


photo credit: Smiths meme found online

No comments:

Post a Comment