02 November, 2022

Episode 70 - Nový Svět - pt1 Stupefacente!



I fell in love with Novy Svet the first time I heard them, and again with every subsequent release I came across.  They came across my path via CDr swapping over two decades ago, and I had requested some rarities (aren't they all) from the group Mirror, and I recieved a handful of EPs and an album or two from Novy Svet.  While nothing like Mirror, I just knew I was on to something completely unique. 

As their Discog's profile correctly states, "The group is neither tied to any musical style nor to any language."  

The industrial, cabaret, neofolk, ambient, absolutely bonkers music was so refreshing to me.  I spent countless hours and lots of money tracking down their releases.  I found such interesting labels like Old Europa Cafe, Klanggalerie, Hau Ruck, Achtung Baby!, Nekofutschata, Punch, Treue Um Treue/Reue Um Reue.  

The greatest is still their collaboration with martial pop artist Derniere Volonte (both sides of that 7" featured here).  I've included appearances by J. Weber (half of Novy Svet with Frl. Tost) in the groups Mushroom's Patience, Unidad Sasao and O Paradis.

00:00 Derniere Volonte + Novy Svet - Mon Mercenaire
04:43 Novy Svet - The World
07:22 O Paradis + Novy Svet - Distancia 2
09:22 Mushroom's Patience - Z'ruck Zu Dir
13:16 Novy Svet - ARKESTRAnimal
14:38 Unidad Sasao - No Longer (Ignore Me)
16:30 Novy Svet - Rio Del Exceso
18:40 Novy Svet - Hoodooloop
19:06 Unidad Sasao - Whilst You Were Sleeping
21:29 O Paradis - Tus Pasos en el Paraiso (vox Jurgen Weber)
24:52 Derniere Volonte + Novy Svet - El Continent
28:29 O Paradis - Octobus (vox Jurgen Weber)
32:00 Novy Svet - Treinta Anos
34:42 Novy Svet - H
36:05 Novy Svet - Got It!
37:28 Novy Svet - Las Bas (Demon Down)
39:51 Novy Svet - Maldita
41:50 J Weber - Psychofog
43:26 Novy Svet - A Mort
51:49 Novy Svet - De Operatione Daemonum
55:31 Novy Svet + O Paradis - L'Amettla Prados
59:30 Novy Svet - Esperando La Luna
61:38 Novy Svet + O Paradis - La Cuna
65:10 Novy Svet + O Paradis - Modo De Amor

photo credit: Novy Svet album cover for Aspiral

No comments:

Post a Comment