22 September, 2022

Episode 3 - Crazy Good Stuff





Another set of my all-time favorites.  This more focused on the more strange and rare items that I adore.   Every one of these songs was a pivotal moment in my music exploration journey over the last few decades.  The HNIA track has a wonderful video from the Brothers Quay, which is how I was introduced to the art of both of them, the Pigface track reminds me of a Thanksgiving I spent at one of their concerts as a teen.  There is my absolute favorite Stereolab track with NWW's genius, and my first exposure to Derniere Volonte and Novy Svet on a superbe collaboration.  The NWA remix is a nice surprise from an album where Kid606's remix gets all the attention.  The Labradford remix is bonkers and just lovely.  Lots of treats in store for the patient listener.

00:00 David Lynch – Basically
00:18 His Name Is Alive – Can’t Go Wrong Without You
03:15 Faust – Du Weist Schon (Dead Voices on Air remix)
06:45 Pigface – Satellite
11:10 Volcano The Bear – Chasm Dave
15:27 The Pixies – In Heaven (Lady in the Radiator song)
16:57 Stereolab & Nurse with Wound – Exploding Head Movie
21:43 Neu! – Super
24:45 Derniere Volonte & Novy Svet – Mon Mercenaire
29:25 Meat Beat Manifesto – Repulsion
32:47 Christoph de Babalon – appetite4d
34:13 2nd Gen (feat Dalek) – And-or (Techno Animal remix)
39:14 Labradford – So (Matmos remix)
43:45 People Like Us – Cockahoop (Sons of Silence remix)
48:44 Cyclobe – You’re not alone, You’re Dreaming
52:43 My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult – Confessions of a Knife pt2
55:45 Muslimgauze – Ninety Nine Beautiful Names of Allah
59:56 Emergency Broadcast Network – End of Audio Program


No comments:

Post a Comment