22 September, 2022

Episode 2 - A love of downtempo electronic music







Showcasing my preference for downtempo, non-danceable electronic tracks.  The gamelan instruments are sheer beauty on Kim Hiorthoy's track. The classic Autechre track is my all time favorite from them.  The Mouse on Mars track from the excellent Macro Dub Infection v2 compilation.  The blips and squelches from Kid606 and 0 are just fun, and this is likely the only song from Screwtape.  The Scorn remix takes a great track and makes it even better.  That DJ Wally track is the reason I found and fell in love with his music.  I also included the Pelican Daughters track that kicked off my love and friendship with that band - I had a part in the reissue of that album, and somehow ended up with the only copy of some of their unreleased material.

00:00 Black Dog Productions – Pot Noodle
06:57 Kim Hiorthoy – Det Blev Fel
12:25 Autechre – Bcdtrmx
19:03 Mouse on Mars – Sehn Sud
23:45 Kid606 – SCSI Bear Theam Song for the Riot Grrrl Attacks
27:45 O – Atomit
34:26 Screwtape – Tongs
38:15 Scorn – The End (remix)
44:50 Seefeel – Starethrough (Charlotte’s Dub)
51:35 Dj Wally – My Bloody Valentine
56:46 Mum – Green Grass of Tunnel
60:35 Pulseprogramming – To the Expert Eye Alone
63:40 Pelican Daughters – Prettybodywinder
69:11 Neal Cassidy – Right Back Where I Started
69:26 People Like Us & Matmos – Work-All-Day

Download

Photo Credit: …

No comments:

Post a Comment