17 August, 2024

454 Latest Ideas mix 3



These are some of the more out there tracks I've been jamming on recently.   Starting this with my love of ambient country/Americana.  I'd seen this Bruce Kaphan album referenced in a review of SUSS, so had to check it out.  Next is a very ambient piece by Calexico which I like a lot.  Hermanos Gutierrez is yet another artist I've come across via Tiny Desk Concerts.  They have the best vibe to their music, I want to chill on my porch at dusk sipping a good tequila to this.  Steven Wilson remixed by Fear Falls Burning is exactly what you'd expect from that pairing.  Spook, the Belgian one (apparently there are many by this name), are hard to nail down though quite engaging.  

This Ka-Spel track comes from a compilation called "Chillicious" and if that wasn't bizarre enough, it also features an early track from Orbit Service when they were mostly still a local Denver band (Randall is now a full time member of the Legendary Pink Dots following the Silverman's retirement).  O Yuki Conjugate brings that creepy ambience and groove like they do best.  This leads us right into Tarta Relena, a new one to me which was also brought to my attention through their amazing Tiny Desk Concert.  These two Spanish Ladies make some mesmerizing and ancient sounding music with a modern flair.  Listening to them reminded me of Holly Herndon's work, so naturally I included this next.  Alluded to in the previous mix, I've been on a Laika binge, so here is their Wire cover in all is glory.  

Just when you think you have every thing from this era, someone goes and posts a promo only remix of an early hit track;  amazing stuff.  Georgia is some dark grimy trance; what I'd always hoped some trance artists might end up sounding like when I was going to raves in the 90s.  Erik Levander reminds me of some Third Eye Foundation, but without the tense fast breaks with maybe some Tigerbeat6 glitch in there.  Last but not least is Frl. Tost, half of one of my favorite groups Novy Svet.  Her partner Jurgen Weber has done his fair share of guest and solo released, while Frl. Tost has seemingly only released this track and one on the Mushroom's Patience solo tracks 7".  I have always wondered if she would release more solo work, but have not found anything.  


00:00  Bruce Kaphan - Country & Eastern
07:07  Calexico - Triple T Truckstop
12:25  Hermanos Gutierrez - Thunderbird
15:48  Steven Wilson - Get All You Deserve (Fear Falls Burning remix)
21:38  SPOOK - Rommelkot
23:41  Edward Ka-Spel - Hey Rainman (Forest Friendly Mix)
30:42  O Yuki Conjugate - Alia Ma
36:55  Tarta Relena - Me yelassan
39:22  Holly Herndon - SWIM
43:53  Gang Gang Dance - Snake Dub
47:10  Laika - German Shepherds (Wire)
51:36  Meat Beat Manifesto - Circles (remix - promo)
55:05  Georgia - Tioga Nicetown
62:12  Erik Levander - Tolvupop
67:35  Frl. Tost - I hate you, Laura



2 comments:

  1. I didn't think I would be into this, but it's delicious. It sucks that Spotify only has 11 of the tracks, but that's them. I still wish I could get these in separate tracks, but it's a great mix. Works well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hit me up on email, I'm sure I can arrange something for ya. moozler @ gmail dot com

      Delete