05 July, 2024

447 Harder Covers




A mix my mother would've enjoyed, or at least told me she did.  Today is her birthday, and it is now eight years since she passed.  She was very supportive of me and my musical endeavors.  I have great memories of her sneaking off to independent record stores to find those really obscure and hard to track down albums I was always searching for.  I shared a good story about her on this mix.  I have tried many times to make a mix just for her, and every time my heart starts to hurt and I cannot finish it. 

00:00  Pixies - Head On (Jesus and Mary Chain)
02:08  Husker Du - Eight Miles High (The Byrds)
05:52  Ramones - Do You Wanna Dance? (Bobby Freeman)
07:44  Descendents - Wendy (The Beach Boys)
09:56  Mariachi el Bronx - Love Sick (Bob Dylan)
13:31  The House of Love - Pink Frost (The Chills)
16:51  Calexico - Love Will Tear Us Apart (Joy Division)
21:06  Primus - Making Plans for Nigel (XTC)
24:29  New Order - Turn the Heater On (Keith Hudson)
29:26  Peter Murphy - Final Solution (Pere Ubu)
34:09  Soccer Mommy - Soak Up The Sun (Sheryl Crow)
39:05  Fontaines DC - Cello Song (Nick Drake)
44:03  Our Broken Garden - Breathe (Pink Floyd)
47:36  Sonic Youth - I'm Not There (Dylan)
52:21  R.E.M. - Superman (The Clique)
55:07  Nirvana - Jesus Doesn't Want Me For A Sunbeam (The Vaselines)
58:16  Minutemen - Have You Ever Seen The Rain? (Creedence Clearwater Revival)
60:38  Primus - Have A Cigar (Pink Floyd)


1 comment: