18 October, 2023

96 - Dark Storytelling





Kicking off the two weeks leading up to the best holiday, Halloween or Samhain, or whatever you celebrate at this time of the year.  I love the spookiness this season brings and have been introducing my older daughter to some horror movie essentials.  

The mix below is one I made around 15 years back.  A friend of mine commented that they enjoyed the really creepy music I listened to as it was so different from their normal punk taste.  I made this mix for them, which they said they listened to once and realized it wasn't for everyday consumption.  

Good mix of spoken word with dark atmospherics on this mix, and I tried to split up the stories with some music in-between.  Ending with my favorite, "I Have a Special Plan For This World."  That's easily the creepiest in my collection. 


00:00  John Contreras & Rose McDowall - Afraid 2 (Nico)
03:09  Current 93 with Thomas Ligotti - This Degenerate Little Town (Alternate)
17:15  Current 93 - Where The Long Shadows Fall
26:54  Wardrobe - Lucifer Before Sunrise (Inferno mix)
32:21  unknown - Nyarlathotep
40:15  Irr. App. (Ext.) - The Demi-Omadaun's Tale
41:14  Cyclobe - Each And Every Word Must Die (II)
48:12  Current 93 feat Thomas Ligotti - I Have A Special Plan For This World


photo credit: The Audience by James Hoff

No comments:

Post a Comment