09 October, 2023

322 Old School Death Metal mix1



Here comes the onslaught, six days of old school death metal.  Despite all my other musical tastes, metal is the one I can most relate to others with.  Most of my close friends are all metal heads in one shape or another.  Sure, we all differ on which sub-genre we most align with.  For me, its late 80's death metal.  This felt so taboo when I was a teenager and heard just a peek of these bands on MTV's Headbanger's Ball.  The violent graphics and explicit lyrics labels only made it that much more alluring.  Across these six mixes, all the big names appear.  I'm sure I missed some obvious choices, however I stuck with what I listen to the most and threw a few curveballs in for sure.  Yes, a bit loose on occasion as I don't care to debate sub-genres, some thrash, crossover, post-hardcore, etc.   Also, expect varying levels of sound quality as some of these are from my original vinyl copies and others are remastered.


00:00  Exodus - Bonded by Blood
03:34  Entombed - Left Hand Path
10:02  Death - Evil Dead
12:59  Kreator - Riot of Violence
17:45  Slayer - Raining Blood
21:54  Possessed - Death Metal
25:06  Cannabis Corpse - Staring Through My Eyes That Are Red
28:04  Gatecreeper - Social Decay
31:13  Cannibal Corpse - Hammer Smashed Face
35:13  Nile - Cast Down the Heretic
40:57  At The Gates - Blinded By Fear
43:37  Dark Angel - Darkness Descends
49:23  Morbid Angel - Damnation
53:30  Venom - Black Metal
57:07  Deicide - Deicide
61:05  Napalm Death - If The Truth Be Known
65:13  Morbid Angel - Immortal Rites
69:12  Testament - Burnt Offerings
74:35  Prong - For Dear Life
77:57  Sepultura - Arise
81:15  Old Man Gloom - Skull of Geronimo



photo credit: found collage 

No comments:

Post a Comment