16 October, 2023

327 My 21st Birthday



Many moons ago, I turned 21, and no it isn't today.  

Unlike the majority of Americans, I did not spend the evening at a bar doing shots and not remembering the evening.  I did that on the next day.   Instead, for my birthday I attended an intimate performance at the Pike's Peak Center for the Performing Arts with the DaVinci Quartet.   They performed the below three pieces which are simply beautiful.  Highlights my quirkiness even as a young man attending punk and industrial concerts and blasting metal every time I got in my car, I was also a season ticket holder for the symphony, took my dates to the opera and ballet, and spent at least a day every month at a museum surrounding myself in the master works of days past.  

Haydn - Quartet Op. 20, No. 5 in F Minor
Loeffler - Music for Four Stringed Instruments
Dvorak - String Quartet in A Flat Major, Op. 105

No download or spotify, so just enjoy the youtube videos on this one.

photo credit: novelty glass with Gretzky quote

No comments:

Post a Comment