19 July, 2023

294b - My Bloody Valentine - Overview





Unlike the Joy Division book and mix, I DO want to share my take on an overview of MBV.  While I stayed away from the first half of their career for this selection (similar to the book), this mix focuses on the Creation and onwards period, up to their reunion.  I did my best to limit this to only three tracks per album/EP, and then threw in some oddities and rarities to keep it interesting.   They're still one of my favorite bands, and I remember how blown away I was when I blindly dove into "Isn't Anything."  Loved them even more when I read in an interview that they are named after the wonderful Canadian horror film from 1981.



00:00  Soft as Snow (But Warm Inside) (Isn't Anything)
02:19  (When You Wake) You're Still In A Dream (Isn't Anything)
05:33  Nothing Much To Lose (Isn't Anything)
08:47  You Made Me Realise (You Made Me Realise)
12:28  Feed Me With Your Kiss (Feed Me With Your Kiss)
16:19  Cigarette In Your Bed (You Made Me Realise)
19:44  Drive It All Over Me (You Made Me Realise)
22:43  I Believe (Feed Me With Your Kiss)
25:37  Emptiness Inside (Feed Me With Your Kiss)
28:20  Bilinda Song (Unreleased)
33:00  Honey Power (Tremelo)
37:33  Swallow (To Here Knows When)
41:09  To Here Knows When (To Here Knows When)
45:47  Only Shallow (Loveless)
50:04  When You Sleep (Loveless)
54:08  Soon (Loveless)
60:54  Map Reference 41 N 93 W (Wire) (Whore)
64:52  Incidental Peace (Offbeat)
70:16  Are You Awake (Lost In Translation)


photo credit: promo poster for 1981 film

2 comments:

  1. Thnak you, I just found your blog , amazing sound of MBV !!

    ReplyDelete