I suppose an air of uneasiness prevails in this mix. I just happened upon this Sonic Youth cover and really love it. This was originally “Where The Red Fearn Grows” before they added lyrics and included it on their debut album. Runaways are not the Joan Jett / Lita Ford group, but a UK hip hop duo. Phantom Band is a Jaki Liebezeit project post-Can. Dahlia Seed’s track is an anomaly as they’re an Emo/Hardcore band and this is an interlude track off the “Survived By” album. The Faust track is for the Jean-Herve Peron led instance of the band. Ordination of Aaron is another Emo/Hardcore band track that doesn’t sound like their other works. Not much info on The Saddest Music in the World, this track is off this free comp, I like it because the name is from a wonderful Guy Madden film. I’d been really getting into Fontaines D.C. lately and love this Massive Attack remix. I’d read there’s a story behind this song title. The We track is from a 12” that took me a bit to track down as I really like their illbient music and wanted to try and obtain copies of everything. The Bonnie Stillwater track featuring Bonnie Prince Billy and Watter is remixed by none other than Bundy K Brown and honestly it’s exactly the perfect blend of all those artists. Mark Van Hoen’s Locust is here again with a self-remix. That’s followed by Italian soundtrack composer Alessandro Alessandroni featuring his wife on vocals, which flows seamlessly into Orkest Ruud Bros hauntology-jazz track. Thanks to https://www.dreamweapons.net/ for a couple of the tracks featured here.
01 Steel Pole Bath Tub – I Dreamed I Dream (Sonic Youth)
02 Unwound – Census
03 !!! – Freak the Funk
04 Moin – Don’t Make Me Wait
05 Runaways – Finders Keepers
06 Phantom Band – Nervous Breakdown
07 Aksak Maboul, Honeymoon Killers – Boss de Crosses dans le Doulos
08 Sun City Girls – My Painted Tomb
09 Dahlia Seed – Pirate Denial
10 Faust – Ich Sitze Immer Noch
11 Ordination of Aaron – Untitled
12 The Saddest Music in the World – Our Future Past Christmases
13 Terminal Sound System – Broken Hands for Careful Minds
14 Squarepusher & Richard Thomas – Plate Core
15 Fontaines DC - In Ár gCroithe Go Deo (3D Mix)
16 Land of the Loops – I Dream In Stereo
17 We – Maneuvering of the Leisure Mush
18 Bonnie Stillwatter, Bonnie Prince Billy, Watter – The Devil is People (The Cheech Wizard’s Hemiolic Chantey at the Edge of the Anthropocene Epoch)
19 Locust – No-One in the World (DSP version)
20 Alessandro Alessandroni – La notte piu’ lunga del diavola (titoli)(perf. Giulia Alessandroni)
21 Orkest Ruud Bos – The Ritual

No comments:
Post a Comment