01 February, 2023

Episode 165 - Moon Wiring Club Is More Than Just Filler




A Ghost Box favorite, I included several of their tracks as segues in stark contrast to this mix's title.  A lot of hauntology with a more electronic focus.  A lot of goodies to unpack here.  Children of Alice is the post-Broadcast group made in Trish Keenan's honor, and if its not already evident Broadcast is easily my favorite music ever.   Pink Anvil is a post-Ministry group, and I'm a big fan of anything Paul Barker works on.  Threw in a John Barry track, since I grew up watching Bond films and this track fits so well.  Odd Nosdam's roots in Mush and Anticon always kept me interested in where he goes.  The Chromatics track from Twin Peaks was certainly a standout.   A Small Good Thing the ambient western tinged side project from O Yuki Conjugate is one where I like them more than their bigger main group.  This is the only Pretty Lights track I like, and I've heard they went on to bigger and better things.  Mike and Rich is a lovely one off by some really big names in 90's (and beyond) techno.  Bonobo is another one I keep meaning to check out more from, but I always get sidetracked.  The Thought Gang is Lynch and Badalamenti, working so well together and actually collaborating on a music project here, just lovely.   And last to mention is early Human League when they were still quirky and experimental, and naming a song after THE BEST DOCTOR from the show's whole 50+ year run.   

Hope you enjoy this as much as I do.

00:00  MWC - Ponder Ye
00:31  Children of Alice - Rite of the Maypole, An Unruly Procession
07:00  MWC - Concealed Playroom
08:45  Pink Anvil - Cause I Told You So
13:14  MWC - Between Two Worlds
14:39  MWC - Thoughts Of A Sunken Village
15:49  John Barry - Spectre Island
16:48  MWC - Wandering Bishops
19:30  Odd Nosdam - Mirrors I
21:34  Chromatics - Saturday (Instrumental)
24:34  A Small Good Thing - Redeemer
28:51  Pretty Lights - Reel 15 Break 5
32:18  MWC - The Last Drop
33:18  Mike & Rich - Eggy Toast
37:18  MWC - Strangers in the Music
41:05  Bonobo - Ghost Ship
45:04  Thought Gang - Headless Chicken
47:26  Human League - Tom Baker
51:08  MWC - A Guided Tour
53:54  Thought Gang - The Black Dog Runs At Night

photo credit: a neighbor asked me to help fix their PC, this is what I found as the root cause.

No comments:

Post a Comment